PH Standard Time
Contact Us+63 917 (724) 3823
BUSINESS PERMIT AND LICENSING OFFICE (BPLO)
PERMITS & LICENSING SECTION
1. Collect standard information of business permit application for new/renewal/retirement of business following local and national regulations and the revenue code, and maintain a registry thereof;
2. Conduct an interview of every application, review the documents, determine the category and line of business and the correct declaration of capitalization and or gross sale;
3. Perform the duties and adopt methodology that is transparent, safe, efficient, client centered, and regularly assess and improve the manner of service.
STANDARDS & EXAMINATION SECTION
1. Research, setup and recommend business establishment permit and licensing processes, information that is compliant to existing local and national regulations, including the setup of standards for the ease of doing business;
2. Perform regular field inspections of business establishments and its labor practice, and submit reports of finding and appropriate recommendations for citation, further investigation, tag as non-compliant (for the negative list) and or revocation of the business permit and or the occupational permit. This includes the duties of setting up a joint inspection team with other regulatory offices;
3. Examine the documentation submitted for the business permit and occupational permits, vis-à-vis the actual physical operating condition and the labor practice of the establishment. Monitoring the compliance of establishments to standards and regulations;
4. Establish a feedback or complaint facility for consumer complaint, workers and or issues on general public welfare. Determine the complaint if it is actionable or refer it to the appropriate agencies. Process the complaint and perform physical site visit and inspection of the establishment. Recommend and facilitate the necessary legal action to protect the consumers, the labor workforce and the general public.
OCCUPATIONAL PERMIT SECTION
1. Collect standard information of occupational permit application for new/renewal/retirement of individual employees/workers for a specific establishment following the local and national regulations and the revenue code, and maintain a registry thereof;
2. Assess and determine the applicant’s compliance to the regulatory requirement, revenue code and related ordinances. Ensures that the employee/worker are physically and mentally fit to work specific to the industry or type of business establishment. This includes ensuring that local residents are given priority for work placement and other economic opportunities;
3. Issue related certification hereof.
1. Research and establish general BPLO administrative and operational policies, and ensures enforcement thereof. Including facilitating and establishing new business permit and licensing, occupational permit issuances, and cooperation with other regulatory offices;
2. Perform general personnel administration, specific technical permit and licensing related personnel development, administrative function pertaining general services, supply and asset management, budgeting and disbursements, and systematic records/data management;
3. Conduct regular review of BPLO processes, and implement the necessary improvement thereof;
4. Issue and maintain the registries of the Business Permit and Occupational Permit;
5. Maintain the BPLO records, including the roster of business establishments under the negative list.