The Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office of the Municipality of Manolo Fortich shall ensure the responsive and efficient implementation of social welfare and development programs and services for the most vulnerable and marginalized sectors of the municipality. It shall implement programs and services mandated by the laws, particularly those concerning sectors, e.g., children, youth, women, senior citizens, and persons with disabilities. This office shall be headed by the Municipal Social Welfare and Development Officer.
As the lead office in social welfare and development, the MSWD Office exercises the following functions:
- Formulates policies and plans which provide direction in the development and delivery of social welfare and development services.
- Develops and enriches existing programs and services for specific groups, such as children and youth, women, family and communities, solo parents, older persons and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs);
- Facilitate the registry, licenses and accreditations of individuals and organizations engaged in social welfare and development services and monitors the empowerment and compliance to these standards.
- Provides technical assistance and capability building to BLGUs and stakeholders; and
- Provides social protection of the poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged sector.